Saturday, January 16, 2010

Inspiration Board.

After the getting my workspace all nice and organized last weekend I was able to have a nice long look at my bulletin board.  After taking in all of it's scrappy goodness, I realized just how much I love it. It's one of several places throughout the room where I keep "inspirational" stuff.  Little bits and snippets that, for whatever reason, appeal to me.

The whole lot.



This is where my favorite picture of us is kept.  (I need to frame the poor thing before it gets destroyed.)  Plus one of my favorite postcards, in case I need a Bobby D fix while I'm crafting. 

 
Oh la la.


I want to be like this- covered in tattoos and looking like one tough lady.  I get the impression she doesn't take any shit- from anyone.
 

Sweetness.  In case, I ever need a smile.
 

Remember kids- waste not, want not.
 

Best comic ever, a lovely fortune and a postcard from one of our first unforgettable roads trips.  (Being broken down in Placerville, CA aka Hangtown turned out to be a lot of fun!)
*Bonus points if you laugh at the yellow button!
 

I plan on getting a lot of stuff done this weekend, so I'm glad that I can stand at my nice, clean desk and have an unobstructed view of these gems.  However, looking at all of these photos reminds me that some of this has been up there a long time.  Perhaps it's time to switch it up!  Nothing inspires creativity like a little change.

I also keep a journal of sorts that's filled with similar sorts of stuff.  It helps me when I'm feeling stagnant with my painting or need a subject when I'm working on my sketchbook.  Do you have anything similar that you reference when you are feeling less than creative?

While were on the subject of inspiration, I want bring to your attention to a recent post by Threadstar.  Not only is her work inspirational, but she leaves the most thought provoking comments for people.  On her blog, she's taken the time to share thoughts on inspiration vs. motivation.  For some reason I was really taken by this post.  I read it at just the right time in my life, as motivation (and inspiration) have been on my mind a lot lately.  Please take the time to read her post HERE.  You'll be happy you did.

Thanks for looking!     

3 comments:

Sam said...

I love your bulletin board! The yellow badge did make me laugh :-) and there are so many cool and amazing things on there. I also keep a journal in which I glue stuff that I find in magazines that catches my eye, I call it my glue book....it's fun to take out and look at once in a while.

Thanks for sharing that link also. Really wonderful blog which I am going to read more. I love how she encouraged you in the comments. And I would say that you have not just one gift, but many :-) Enjoy the rest of your weekend! xoxo

Unknown said...

I love this so much! Thanks for sharing the pieces and some of their meanings. Its a great idea!

I keep a journal too. It started as a way to track home to do lists, but mostly just turned into a place to collect my sketches for projects.

And when I'm stuck, or am just looking for something fun, I tend to use flickr. For example, I've wanted to make felt brooches for a long time, and flickr search helped orient me to the possibilites, and then I'm going from there!

MafiosaGrrl said...

Thank you for your comments ladies! I've been a bit lacking on my journaling lately, I want to change that. I have a few, all of them need a little working on.

Sam- I love Miki's blog!! She is so deep and whenever I read her posts it just makes me sit back for a second and think- which is such a good thing. As for my gift, I'm still working on it, lol. I waiver at times :(

Virg- I'm huge on lists too, I have a perpetual one that never seems to end or ever get anything crossed off of it! Flickr is full of ideas for me too, especially when it comes to embroidery. I could spend hours looking at all of the crazy stuff people stitch up.