I am honored to announce that I have received my first blog award ever! In addition to feeling grateful, I am super flattered. I started my blog to catalog what I was doing and keep it all in one place. I never thought that so many people would start reading, let alone like the thing! However, I'm happy at what it's turning into because I've gotten the opportunity to "meet" and chat with lots of lovely new people. So, thanks for reading guys!
I was nominated by the lovely Laurie Anne aka Rebel Blossom. She is neighbor from the snowy north (Canada) who shares my love of the Victorian Era, Johnny Depp and craftiness. If you haven't checked out her blog, please do so by going HERE! Thanks Laurie, you're such a sweetheart!
So, this award entails listing 10 things that make me happy and nominating 10 bloggy friends who deserve this award too.
Away we go! In no particular order, 10 things in my life that put a smile on my face.
1. Dillon. I'm happy I have such a great partner to spend my life with. He's smart, supportive, talented, patient, and fun-loving! (The list goes on but I'll spare you the sappy love stuff.)
(This is photographic evidence that he is fun-loving. Mine is the upper arm, his is the lower arm.)
2. Enjoying a nice, leisurely breakfast on Sunday mornings, with Mimosas! The whole house eats as a family- even the pup gets an egg! Such a relaxing way to cap off the weekend.
3. Listening to Dillon and our roommate, Jamaal, discuss everything from current events to ninjas. Their commentary is absolutely hysterical, they never fail to make me laugh.
4. Catching up with old friends and getting to know new ones.
5. Embroidery!! I love to stitch, but that's no secret :)
6. My incredibly cute, smart and talented dog, Tequila. He's such a loyal teddy bear.
(Photographic evidence of said cuteness.)
An animal that will put up with me after this is tops in my book! (Bonus answer: Puns make me smile too. I'm a huge nerd.)
7. Watching all of my furry babies cuddle together.
8. Good books! I love to read. I have an ongoing list of books that I want to read, which ironically never makes it with me to the store or library. (One goal is to change that in 2010. And another is to read even more.) Never hesitate to suggest a title for me.
9. Cuddling on the couch and watching movies on the projector. One of Dillon's best investments ever, nothing like your own personal theater.
10. To live in such a beautiful place and be surrounded by such gifted, artistic people. It's an inspiring environment.
Now for 10 great bloggy people that make me smile and deserve a Happy 101 Award. Be sure to check out these awesome sites! ASAP.
* Sunnysidey! Visit her blog HERE!
* Alwaysinspired! Visit her blog HERE!
* Joy to the Blog! Visit her blog HERE!
* Katie.Cupcake! Visit her blog HERE!
* Sew Lovely Embroidery! Visit their blog HERE!
* Faster Kittykill! Visit her blog HERE!
* Artist Nouveau! Visit her blog HERE!
*Oops, I Craft My Pants! Visit her blog HERE!
* Follow the White Bunny! Visit her blog HERE!
* I Am Only a Small Amount of Evil! Visit her blog HERE!
I hope that you guys enjoy the blogs I've listed here, I know I do. Thanks for looking, have a craftastic day.