Friday, May 28, 2010

Snapshot Friday!

Today's picks are from the '68 Spectator, the yearbook I got for my birthday.

Boys go to Shop.

Girls go to Home-Ec.
(Isn't the gal at the sewing machine just gorgeous?  I think so.)

Yep, there's nothing like some stereotypical images to portray gender roles.

Happy Friday, anyone have big plans this weekend?  Like many of my fellow Americans, I'll be celebrating the holiday with some good, old-fashioned barbecuing.  We're some grillin' fools in the summer time.

Thanks for looking, have fun out there!

p.s. Tune in tomorrow for an embroidery tutorial on how to stitch braids.

2 comments:

artymess said...

Hey Jacquie that is a gem of a photo with the sewing machine and the machine is rad too ....have a great weekend ....Lorna x

MafiosaGrrl said...

yeah, it's the kind of photo I need hanging in my crafty area!