Friday, December 11, 2009

Snapshot Friday!

I'll start this off by saying, I freaking love Pedro Almodovar.

His films are not for the faint of heart.  They're often filled with emotion, sexuality, controversy, and death.  All of which are pretty much taboo in American society today, despite being a part of everyday life.  Guaranteed to make you think-about yourself, life and your fellow human being- his film's are powerful.  Watch one!  For those of you who don't care for subtitles- run away...far away.

Most recently I watched this (for the millionth time)-


That's why I picked this one.  For those of you familiar with the film, you will see my connection.  For those of you who haven't seen it- watch it!

Please don't hate me or boycott me based on this week's photo selection.  I didn't take this photo.  Nor do I like, participate, or encourage blood sports.  This does not speak for my opinion on animals either.  It's just a thrifted photo that I happened to have in my possession. 

Don't like that photo?  Then use it to make a statement.  Remember, art is not always about being pretty. 

Don't worry, I've included a nice one too!

Labeled Rose Parade '62.

Because parades are fun and happy! 


So, I hope we're still friends after this weeks edition of Snapshot Friday.  My goal was not to offend or horrify.  Simply to make a connection with an awesome movie I watched yesterday.
Thanks and have a craftastic day!


3 comments:

TheresainMS said...

I certainly hope noone is upset with you about the photo. Life, like art, is not always pretty. But we need to be shaken up at times and to have calm and honest discussions about subjects that we might not otherwise pay much attention to. That's one of the great things about blogging; it allows us the opportunity to vent or shout kudos to any darn thing we want to talk about. Thanks for sharing your images and keep up the thought provoking posts!

XOXOXO
Theresa

Giggly said...

Thanks for sharing! I REALLY want to see that movie!! Great post.

MafiosaGrrl said...

Thanks for reassuring me guys! My hubby told me I was being overly PC, but I just figured- nowadays people get so worked up about things that it might upset people. I'm glad it didn't!

Giggly-I would def. reccomend "Talk to her" or another really good one is "All about my Mother"- it's one of my favs!