Thursday, December 3, 2009

Coupon ATCs- Part deux

After the last batch of ATCs, I figured I'd try the junk mail ones again.  There's an endless supply in the mail, especially around this time of year.  So, away we go!

Fall in Love

Junk mail, paper clippings and 3-D teardrop on Bristol.
A bit emo but that happens sometimes.  I love the balance created by the butterfly wings.

To Public Indecency

Junk mail and paper clippings on bristol.
I was thinking of a certain individual (not me) when I was making this, lol.  Don't worry, she approved of being the inspiration behind this one.  The working title being, DRI- Daily Recommended Intake.

Two Olives!

Shiny junk mail, paper clippings, embroidery floss and toothpicks on bristol.
Can you tell I really, really like olives?  
I love the look of 3-D embellishments on cards, so I've been trying to incorporate more into mine lately.  I figured it was the perfect way to blend ATCs with my other true love- embroidery!  Normally, I'm a bit particular about making my stitches tiny and neat, so this style was difficult for me at first.  (But I need to loosen up, so I'm experimenting.)  I think that this look works well for this card.  I couldn't resist the toothpicks.  The background became a bit distressed during the process but I guess that's to be expected from shiny junk mail paper.  Or maybe I just manhandled it?

As of now, all of these cards are available.

What do you think, do you like the "messy" or "free" style of embroidery? 
I do, but I don't know if I'm relaxed enough for that :)  I don't really know what it's called so I don't  mean messy as a bad thing!


2 comments:

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

Ah, I love how you took the junk mail and made it into something worthwhile! Can't beat free art supplies, right? I think the crazy embroidery style is great. I actually thought it was patterned paper at first. I like how it looks! Kinda webby.

MafiosaGrrl said...

Thank you Kira! I'd have to agree- free crafting stuff= great. When I get brave enough I'm going to venture out and try to stitch like that on fabric- acck, the anxiety ;)