Sunday, December 27, 2009

It really works!

Some of you guys may have noticed the button that I added recently.

I joined Postcrossing a few weeks ago because I am a huge mail enthusiast.  (I have a stamp habit that some would say is worse than crack, lol.)  Well, I'm pleased to announce that it really works!  I received my first card this past week, just in time for a holiday surprise.  I thought it was super ironic my first card came from New York State, as that is where I'm from. 


The following ones are the ones I've sent out so far.
 To the Netherlands.

To Finland.
 
To Portugal.
 
To Germany.
 
This last one is from one of my favorite places in the whole world- Bodie, California.  It's a ghost town located outside of Yosmite, near Mono Lake and Mammoth, CA.  Dillon and I have been there so many times, but as soon as we leave I just can't wait to go back.  For some reason I feel a huge connection to the place, I would love to live closer so I could go all of the time.  I read every book about it I can get my hands on!  I'll have many more posts about Bodie to come, as I am starting a painting series based on some photos Dillon took.  A few stitched pieces too!

No comments: