Sunday, June 5, 2011

Full of It!

Last weekend I was lamenting the fact that I had a "new-to-me" vase, it was nice out, and we couldn't spruce the place up with some fresh flowers. My guy said he would take care of it in no time at all. I huffed and puffed and quickly gave up, given our budget.

A few minutes later, I saw this... A full vase.  Full of good intentions, that is.
Full Of Good Intentions

Well, I can pretty much admit that my heart melted.  Yeah, they aren't the prettiest and to most people they are weeds.  But, to me, they are the flowers that turn into wishes.  And you know what?!  They brightened my kitchen for a whole week.  Yellow, full, and going strong the whole time.  I finally tossed them out today because they weren't as bright as they started off and didn't open so wide anymore.

It reminded me that it's not what you have, but who you have it with.  I'm sure we all know this, but sometimes we need something bright and in your face to remind us.  Thanks, Cakes, for always showing me what's important.

I admit, I have tunnel vision sometimes.  I look right past the real stuff, nit-picking silly things.  So I savor the moments that make me stay grounded.  What do you do to help keep things in perspective?  I'd love to know how you guys get it all together.

Ton's of new stuff coming at ya, see you again tomorrow.  Hope you have craftastic weekend!  Talk to you soon :)

No comments: