Thursday, August 19, 2010

Snail Mail.

My, my!  A whole week since I last said hi to you lovelies?! That's just bananas.  Well, I've certainly been a busy bee but that's really no excuse not to come by and at least say hi.  How rude of me.  Tsk, tsk.  Well, I can assure you that wont be quiet 'round these parts for long.  I've been working on lots of stuff to share with you.  I even have another giveaway coming up- stay tuned.

In the meantime, Kimmie received my package for Round 1 of the Switchin' Stitches group, so I'm free to show you what I made for her.  She wanted a crafty theme with the colors red, white and black.  Did I mention before that she's a super pro quilter?  She's swapping with tons of people and plans to make a wall hanging for her craft room with those type of squares.  I can't wait to see the whole thing assembled.  I love collaborative efforts.

I made her square using one of my favorite vintage patterns. 
(If you wanna, click on it for a bigger view!)

Like I told her, it's just so silly!  A snail...sewing?  Bhah ha ha, it's hilarious.  Is he going to wear that giant sock, too?  Ack, I just love ridiculous patterns like this.
More swap stitches coming soon!  I've been crazy busy with those lately.  I can't wait until this last batch of stuff is finished.  After that I'm going to take it easy on the swaps for a while.  I've got big plans to focus on- details coming soon.

Have a craftastic day!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love it!!How did you create the detail on the pincushion?

Lisa said...

Gah! So cute Jackson! I saw this over on Facebook so I had to come over here and get the low down, I love it! Adorable. It's fun to do silly things like sewing snails... and zombies :o) See ya!

MafiosaGrrl said...

Thanks, ladies!

Becky- It was easy peasy! I cut a little piece of fabric in the shape of the pincushion. I pinned it down and stitched it with 2 strands of black floss. Then I embroidered the pin over it. If it was traditional applique I would have made sure the fabric had a little edge folded over so that I could have sewn through that. That way you wouldn't see the stitches, but I didn't think that far ahead, lolz.

danique feral dreamer said...

Lovelly post