Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mama Mia!!

So, I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not but I'm a part of a group on flickr called, "Switchin' Stitches." I was surprised to get an invite to this group but I'm oh so glad that I did.

I was paired up with the group's founder, Quiltikimmie, a nice lady with all sorts of stitching talent. And like me, she's a huge fan of swapping! Check out her photostream, it's chock full of goodies she's made. (You can link to it by clicking on the picture, I borrowed one from her for this post.)

Right now we're in Round 1 of swaps, and this is what I received from Kimmie. I picked movies as my theme and she ran with it. Awesome, right?! Not only is it my favorite movie but she also managed to incorporate my love of quotes. I love it! I can't wait to get it framed and up onto the wall. (I'm planning on making space for the Wall of 'Broideries this weekend.)

She said that now she'll probably never stitch on black fabric again. I feel terrible about contributing to that, but happy that she had the patience to stick it out for this amazing piece.

Accckkk, I'm so excited about all of these goodies that have been coming my way. I'm wondering what I did to be so lucky!

Very soon, I'll show you my piece to her. She picked a crafty theme with an emphasis on black, red and white.

A HUGE thank you to Kimmie for making me this wonderful embroidery.

Thanks for looking, have a craftastic day.

p.s. With the Phat Quarter Movie Swap coming up, there are movie stitches galore 'round these parts.

2 comments:

Giggly said...

Very cool!! :D

MafiosaGrrl said...

She did a great job!
Can't wait until they're all on the way together :)