Monday, November 16, 2009

Recent ATCs


I just can't stop making these little guys!

Mas littles....

Prima Ballerina

Fabric, watercolors and paper collage on bristol.  I made this by rolling little tubes of paper, covering them with double-sided tape and attaching the fabric to look like the wavy curtains of a stage.  I'm happy with it as a prototype, I definitely want to expand on this and try it again.

Spaced out


Watercolors and ink on background I received from swapping with Shayna.  Plus glitter and space image from  takeabreak's photostream.  Thanks guys.  There are a ton more of these cute space playing cards, so I'm going to do a whole series of them.

Oh la la
aka Sorry for my crude sense of humor ;)


Paper clippings on bristol.

The day I got my 1 in. hole punch I sat down with a stack of magazines and bad television.  I happily punched away for several hours and filled a envelope with tons of circular goodies.  Although, you can't tell from this card I did get more images than cleavage.  I swear.  Anyways, they are the perfect size for ATCs.  (And they fit perfectly into a bottle cap! Which is why I wanted the punch in the first place.)  My envelope is getting a little low so it looks like I need to find some sort of CSI Marathon and start punching again.

Presence



Soft pastels and paper clippings on bristol.


You guys know all about my new found WNWN (Waste not, Want not) policy when it comes to my crafty supplies.  With that being said, I was glad that I was able to make the following cards out of materials I usually toss without a second thought.  I give you the Coupon Series!  Twice a week we get a stack of fliers, ads, and coupons in the mail.  In an attempt to be more economical I look through them but end up tossing them as they are filled with stuff we don't buy or places we don't go.  99% of it still ends up in the recycling but so far I've got some good cards from my annoying junk mail!

I LOVE TACOS!!


Shiny ad coupon and embroidery floss on bristol.
One of my favorites so far, just because it's so silly.  DH thinks it's ridiculous, but I said, "Mark my words.  Someone will want to trade.  I know someone out there likes Tacos as much as me!"
Hey, I'm not ashamed of my love for Mexican food :)

I'm Tired of Nuts!

Shiny ad and paper clippings on bristol.
That Nutcracker looks mad!

Conspicuous

Shiny ad and paper clippings on bristol.



Good Company.

Shiny ad and paper clippings on bristol.

As of now, all of the cards in this batch, except Conspicuous, are available.  Let me know if you want to trade!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bad girls make good company! too cool!
You are very talented :)

MafiosaGrrl said...

Shucks, Laurie Anne that is so sweet. Thank you.

TheresainMS said...

All of these are great; Marsha at Tumblefish Studio loves tacos too :-) If I had any to trade I'd be jumping in with both feet. I've got to get a supply made and then go swapping! I'll be sure and check in with you when I do. Thanks for posting these, very nice and you are definitely talented. No doubt about that!

MafiosaGrrl said...

Thanks! You should def. make some, it's a lot of fun. But be warned if you already have a lot of hobbies, it's totally addicting! It's something that you can do that requires little to no money. I have a set of available ones in my Flickr stream too.

june at noon said...

These are great! I love how you added the texture to the "curtain" in the first one.

Unknown said...

I love where it is going darling! These cards are positively delightful and utterly fabulous.

Keep up the wonderful work!

MafiosaGrrl said...

Thank you so much ladies for your nice words and commenting on my cards.
I'm going to try to make another curtain one, I like the 3-d effect it gives. I've had this weird thing with stages, I've drawn them since I was a kid. I dunno why :)

threadstar said...

these are wonderful!! I love "presence" and they are all delightful..It is so cool to see you enjoying these so much...and the variety is amazing..bravo!!

MafiosaGrrl said...

Thanks for your encouraging words. I was thinking of my roommate when I made the Presence one, he usually is rocking a giant afro :)

said...

That rolled paper technique is so effective! Mind if I try it sometime? I will totally give you credit for it. :o)

MafiosaGrrl said...

Joy, you should totally try it! when I did that I realized- double stick tape is my friend. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)