Friday, October 1, 2010

Local Yarnbombing- Part 2!!

 So, a little more about Cast Away.  The cute, local shop behind The Pole Sweater Project I mentioned last time.  I love everything about this place.

From the friendly owner, Justine (check out the cross stitched top she's wearing- lovely)

to the window displays!  Everything, people.

Even their printed promo stuff is wonderful.  Ackkk, my favorite color green!!
Helpful, too!  The back of the business cards have a little needle chart, so you know exactly what you need.  How clever is that?!  Since I'm not a knitter, it's all Greek to me, but I still think it's great.  Us stitchy folks need something similar...hmmmm, we'll have to start brainstorming.

In addition to tons of fabulous yarn, they have lots of books and magazines.  There is also a great button selection.  I could spend hours... and hundreds picking out the perfect ones. 

But you want to know the best part?  There is a huge selection of classes and activities to participate in.  I can't wait until I have time to pick up yet another hobby.  There is even a cozy little place in the store where people can hang out and knit.  So fun.

 Local folks- there are few cool things coming up this month.  On October 28th there will be a Be Sweet Trunk show.  Don't you love to support companies that are doing good?  I know I do.  There will also be a workshop with Sonoma County artist, Rosemary Hill.  Her patterns alone are enough to make me want to learn some new skills, they're just gorgeous.

Hope you've enjoyed hearing a little bit about one of the places that helps to make my community so unique.  I also hope that you are enjoying a creative Friday, thanks for looking.  I'll be back in a while with Snapshot Friday, I need to refuel with some Spinach Lasagna...yum, yum.



p.s.  Remember- shop local!  (Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.  It's just important, you know?)




No comments: