Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thriftacular Thursday!

A recent acquisition.
With it's scare tactic title and it's lovely green, I knew it had to be mine.
Check out the inside!
I'm happy to report that on the previous page Dusty had exclaimed, "Listen, punk..." before he knocked Rosey out.

Yes, definitely a wise purchase.  Ahhh, I wish I lived back then...

I picked up a few more books that day.  I've decided to acquire the whole series for both Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys.  Both Dillon and I read them, so we thought they would make a nice addition to our household library.  I want the old versions though, like the ones from my grandparent's house when I was a kid.  None of this shiny cover re-print stuff.
Yep, I see the ones that are out of order.  Don't worry, it drives me crazy too.  I've since corrected the problem on the shelf.  Unfortunately, I've been to lazy to take another photo.  You'll just have to take my word for it.

Another childhood favorite.
My last name starts with an E and Cookie Monster was my fav, so I read this one a lot when I was young.

This last one will be making an appearance in several upcycling projects that I've been working on.  I would never have it in my heart to destroy one of my favorite books, so rest assured that this one was pretty well thrashed.
In fact, I had to collect up all of it's innards from the shelf at the thrift store to even buy it.
I'm making sure that this little gem will live on through other stuff.

Thanks for looking and have a craftastic day!

p.s.  Speaking of books, read anything good lately?  I'm reading a bit of Tom Wolfe...

8 comments:

Roxanne said...

I collect children's vintage books. The embossed covers and musty smelling pages mesmerize me. That book is beautiful!

Cross Threaded said...

Any pics of your Stash Room Jacquie ?

MafiosaGrrl said...

Roxanne- I'm with you one that one, I love the smell of old books! It's probably one of the top reasons that I'm anti-kindle, lol.

barlowlesley- I have a few shots of my workspace from earlier this year, http://mafiosagrrl.blogspot.com/2010/01/workspace-weekend.html
however, it's a little different now...maybe i'll take some more some time soon.

Cross Threaded said...

Great - thanks very much - happy crafting !

Mrs. Evils said...

just started reading "patient zero"...I'm not a huge fiction fan, but its pretty entertaining so far.
Bought one of my childhood favs on ebay a few years back..."a duck named ping"

Becky Farley said...

bahahahaha I love it!! :)
Devil Drivers is one of a kind - awesome find!

lauren carney said...

oh my my your blog is a bit on the lovely side of things!
i enjoy your gazing at the pretty pictures ever so much. x

MafiosaGrrl said...

Mrs evils- you'll have to let me know how that was.

Becky- it sure is. I haven't had the opportunity to go thrifting in a while...i'm getting the itch for some musty old books!!

Lauren- Thanks so much, doll. I appreciate your nice comments, welcome.