Sunday, July 4, 2010

Official Footwear.

Besides barbecues and fireworks, I think that flip-flops should also be an official requirement for the 4th of July holiday.  I whipped up these two pairs before my vacation using a really easy tutorial from Alisa Burke.  I changed it a little for the green ones because I can't just follow directions.

These poor guys ended up getting a bit thrashed with all of the ashy soil up in the Sierras.  You can see it starting in the picture, thankfully I remember to get a shot of them in fairly new condition.

Based on the condition of the green ones after one day I had the good sense not to break out the orange ones for the rest of the trip.  These ones are beyond comfortable.  I used flannel on these ones....sooooo soft.

Everything I used came from my stash.  So besides the $5 I spent for both pairs of flip flops, I've got some custom footwear for mere pennies.  Yeah for being thrifty!  Go make yourself some, you'll smile every time you look down at your feet.

I hope that everyone has a creative and productive day.  For those of you enjoying the holiday weekend, be safe in you celebration.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Too cute! I love the orange ones! I'm going to have to try this, I love flip flops!

MafiosaGrrl said...

Thanks. If you want I'll send you some of the flannel bits I used to make the orange ones. they are so soft, you'll love 'em. just drop me a line on FB or flickr with your addy and I'll pop em in the mail. it's really no biggie i bought a huge bag of the squares for a quarter a lb, lolz.