Friday, September 3, 2010

Snapshot Friday!

Ah, September.  I love this time of year.  Along with Autumn, September brings with it good ol' Back-to-School time.  Here in CA, we don't have much of a Fall compared to where I grew up.  However, it's my favorite season, so I'll take what I can get.

When I was a kid I loved Back-to School shopping.  Not so much for the clothes, but for the school supplies.  You know that part in You've Got Mail (yeah, I'm showing a cheesy side of me right now) when she's talking about bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils?  Yeah, that's totally me.  Just thinking about it makes me smile.

School conjures up memories of learning new things, 
(Click for a larger view)
studying hard,

having fun with friends,

and Pep Rallies.

Wait a minute....what the....

Hey, that's a beer can!  Definitely not the kind of Pep Rally our school had....I wish.
 Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

All of today's photos came from the 1968 Spectator.

Thanks for looking.  Have a creative night.

p.s.  Have you entered the giveaway??

No comments: