Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What The.....Wednesday

Around this time of year on college campuses across the country, the dumpsters outside of Art Departments are filled to the brim.  Filled with sculptures, sketchbooks and paintings; either thrown out by students in a moment of self-doubt or Professors cleaning out their classrooms.  

A week or so ago, Dillon was on campus of the university he attends, uninstalling an earth art sculpture he had made.  On his way back to the car a bright colored object on one of these said dumpsters caught his eye.  After he and our friend had a good laugh, he decided he couldn't just leave it there.

Check out this oddity.

Uh, yeah.  You read that correctly.
Don't ask me, I have no idea.
I just hope that John was a dog?
What can I say, Dillon is an odd duck.
Anyways, it makes a good conversation starter when friends come over.

Found any treasure lately?  I just hope it's better than this one.

Edit:  I should clarify, I'm not in anyway knocking the artist's abilities or work.  I'm simply pointing out that not knowing their intentions and the context in which this was painted makes it quite a mystery.  And it's not the direction I envisioned our home decor going, but hey, I'm not the only one who lives here, right?
 

2 comments:

giddy99 said...

That is AWESOME!!! FRAME IT! :)

MafiosaGrrl said...

Isn't it hilarious? I laugh pretty much every time I look at it.