Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sew Nerdy

 G'day mates!  As I type this, I sit in my brand spanking new craft room, I'm giddy over it.  I can't wait until every last thing is in it's place so I can show you! 

So, I never shared the super exciting news that I'm currently being featured in my first professional show, at the Bear and Bird Gallery in Florida.  I could hardly believe it when I was invited and practically fainted when I first saw the flyer.  There are some major names on there.  I'm talking huge!  Check it...

Flyer for Sew Nerdy : June 29 – August 11, 2012

Now can you see why I'm so starstruck?

MafiosaGrrl_AFistfullofQuarters 

This is my piece.  (This picture is actually from the gallery's flickr account.  Typical me, my hasty last minute photography job turned out terrible.)  I started it back when we were visiting Vegas and it took forever to complete.  I'm aware that it is not my best work but I am happy with it, overall.  I managed to incorporate some nice detailing in the speakers, which I weaved to look more realistic, and the screen glows in the dark!

Untitled

The wood grain was actually a last minute addition.  I wasn't happy with just the tinting and thought it needed a bit more something.  I'm glad I added it though, it seems to be the part everyone likes the best.  (This photo is from my phone but shows the true coloring a little better.)

I had hoped to complete a few more pieces for the show, but this one took soooo long.  Lucky for me, that mean's that I have rad, nerdy, project that's about three quarters of the way done, just waiting to be finished up.  Yay!  Crossing my fingers that this one sells, that would be so amazing.

Well, that's just one of the many things I've been meaning to share with you guys.  Will my new workspace bring me a new burst of creative energy and motivation to blog?  Let's hope so.  Can't get any worse, right?  Bye, off to finish beautifying the new space and give myself a mani-pedi.

8 comments:

Louise said...

Congratulations... thats brilliant! I think your piece is gorgeous, the work in it is impeccable!

Feathers Atlanta said...

Hope it sells, totally unique!

Help support my small fashion business: http://peerbackers.com/projects/qf-clothings-growth-helps-mom-stay-home-with-baby/

http://stores.ebay.com/QFClothing

oct809 said...

I will try to see weather it is so good.
Beats By Dre Solo
Beats By Dre Solo Hd
Monster Beats Mlb
Beats By Dre
Beats Monster By Dr Dre
Heart Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre
Wholesale Beats By Dre
Cheap Beats By Dre

Custom Pins said...

Sew Nerdy,its very artistic work. i am impressed.keep it up dear

Uggs Rea said...

welcome to our shop,Our shop sells a lot of brands.There have hollister co, Hollister Madrid and UGG Outlet, Uggs Rea, Ugg Boots Sale.

Franklin Marshall Nederland,Franklin Marshall Outlet,Franklin Marshall Heren,Franklin Marshall Tassen,Franklin Marshall Vrouwen.
Franklin Marshall Sudaderas,Franklin Marshall Jackets,Franklin Marshall Falsas,El descuento más bajo, directos de fábrica, garantía de calidad !
ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren uk,ralph lauren outlet UK sale ralph lauren Tees,Shirts,Jackets,Coats,Hoody,Polo, save 55% Off!
Ralph Lauren UK,Sales Ralph Lauren Polo, long sleeves, jackets, hoodies, hats, 100% quality guarantee, 60% discount !

Billie Gonzalez - PhD by Publication said...

This a work very well done! The stitches are all in place, neat and detailed. Cool! I love it! You certainly have patient hands to do that craft. Kudos to you! Anyway, just passed by to see what new and I was greatly astonished. Hope you’ll have a fun and bubbly weekend!

http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

Frances Brown said...

I'm not sure the nice background but it might be better with the light color and yellow frame is also good for the decorations.

http://teflstore.com/

doppelkorn said...

Cool Side!!!