Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gifted

I'm so grateful for the people I have in my life.  They are sweet and thoughtful.
And on top of that, they know exactly what I like.
Both of these gems were recently given to me by two wonderful people.  Aren't they great?  Both of them are hanging above my crafting desk now.

I found the vintage cross-stitch piece on the desk, waiting for me when I arrived at work one night.  My co-worker Liz left it for me, she's the nicest lady.  Isn't it darling?!  Old needlework is one of my favorite things to collect.

The plaque on the right was a gift from my honey.  He brought it home for me in an attempt to cheer me up when I was under the weather.  Niagara Falls is where I grew up, so I love to collect all the old souvenirs.  Ironic how people always do that once they leave somewhere, huh?  Guess you don't what you got til it's gone.  I was so sick I couldn't do anything but lay on the couch or bundle up under a million blankets in bed...for a solid week.  When he gave it to me, I was so out of it that I don't even think I managed a smile.  However, I LOVE it.  He's such a great guy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm such a lucky girl!

No comments: